What does Sterling Silver 925 mean?

"925" represents certified "Sterling Silver" and is stamped on jewellery to demonstrate the high quality of the product. 

The 925 stamp means the jewellery you are buying consists of 92.5% genuine silver. The other 7.5% will be alloy to help prevent tarnishing. Typically copper is used, although zinc, platinum or geranium are also common.

Infusing silver with other metals does not lower it’s quality and is industry standard. Fine silver (99.9% pure) is too soft and malleable for producing functional objects and suffers too much damage. It quickly tarnishes when exposed to hydrogen sulphide in the air. The alloy gives it strength and makes it more resistant to scratching and damage.

If an item is stamped with anything other than 925, it is NOT Sterling Silver.

How do I care for my Sterling Silver 925 jewellery?  

Cleaning Sterling Silver 925 will help to keep its bright shine, and when it is cleaned, it can be difficult to differentiate Sterling Silver from white gold. The best way to clean silver is to use a cleaning agent that has a sulfur base.

How should I store my Sterling Silver 925 jewellery?

Sterling Silver 925 jewellery should be kept in a cool, dry area away from sunlight. It should not be able to touch other pieces that could scratch or otherwise damage the Sterling Silver.

How do I find out my ring size?

You can use a ruler to measure diameter (directly across the inside) of any existing ring you own that fits comfortably, and find your size in millimetres. If the ring you purchase is the incorrect size, you are more than welcome to use the ring sizer included with every order to measure your correct ring size for an exchange, free of charge.

Most of our rings are available in the sizes as follows:

  • 16.5mm / US Size 6 / L 1/2
  • 17mm / US Size 6.5 / M 1/2
  • 17.5mm / US Size 7 / N 1/2
  • 18mm / US Size 7.5 / O 1/2
  • 18.5mm / US Size 8 / P 1/2
  • 19mm/US Size 9 / R 1/2
  • 19.76mm/US Size 10/ T 1/2